Tuesday, April 28, 2009

To Croc or not to Croc.....


"These boots are made for walkin", the ruby red slippers, Air Jordans, crocs, penny loafers with the penny, moon boots, .... footwear is a large part of history and I have taken my next step.  I don't buy new shoes very often, my old ones have to be falling apart before I decide it's time to move on.  I know a lot people, mostly ladies, have a fair number of shoes.  They just have that fashion mindset and need a pair to match every outfit and I think that's great but that is just not me.  Before I go to far I need to comment about crocs.... I feel it is just not a "manly" shoe.  I am not even sure it's a shoe at all.  "But it is so comfortable" my man (and I use this term loosely here) buddy croc owners say.... seriously, they are foam rubber slippers with holes in them.  Pillows are comfortable, maybe we should strap them around our feet...pillocs the next shoe.  The cute little holes on the crocs that kids put little animal pins in.... come on gentlemen, comfy or not, stay away from them.  Any way my next step is a nice pair of black dress shoes for work and they look sharp.  There truly is something about a new shoe that is awesome.  So clean, shining and yes, mildly uncomfortable until we break them in.  I just wish with my new shoes I would also get a pair of laces that stay tied.  I really do not like these stale black licorice ropes they include as shoe laces.  I need to retie these every 20 minutes because they just don't stay.  My goal in getting these new shoes is to step into a pair that it as comfortable as my golf shoes..... those babys are perfect.  The soft spikes just chew up the carpets so I can't wear those to work.  But if it comes down to a choice of crocs or the golf shoes at work then I am just going to need new carpet about every three weeks...
Eye will see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment